Amazon’s Browse Platform and Tools Team (part of the Amazon Catalog and Selection Services (ASCS) organization) is looking for a Software Development Engineer to help us make the world’s best product catalog even better. Our high scale distributed systems process hundreds of millions of updates on the billions of products to power the online buying experience for hundreds of millions of Amazon's customers worldwide, so they can find, discover and buy anything they want 24x7x365. Our vision is to build a best-in-class Product Knowledge to power delightful experiences for our customers on Amazon's Retail Website across the globe. We operate on the edge of technical possibilities by maintaining a large product knowledge repository which describes products, their logical groupings and relationships. We leverage the best technology across the industry by using the latest computing technologies from AWS and by pushing the boundaries of distributed system design. We offer a dream opportunity for engineers who want to create reliable and scalable solutions that enable Amazon to create the largest and best possible selection for our customers.
· Bachelor’s Degree or above in Computer Science or related field
· 5+ years’ professional experience in software development
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
· Strong problem solving skills
· Proficiency in at least one object-oriented programming language such as Java
· Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience building software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
· Result oriented person with a focus on delivery
· Masters in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
· 7+ years professional experience in software development
· Experience building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, and describe software product features
· Experience serving as technical lead throughout the full development lifecycle.
· Experience providing design reviews for other engineers, including feedback on architecture and design issues, as well as integration, performance and scalability.
· Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and related infrastructure.
· Experience working with relational, graph and NoSQL data stores.
· Experience mentoring junior software engineers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.