Come and join a team that develops solutions which enable our customers to scale their data warehouse to Exabytes and integrate data from their data lake into their analytics systems.
Our cloud data warehouse Amazon Redshift manages all the work needed to set up, operate, and scale a data warehouse in a transparent and seamless way.
This position of the Software Development Manager for Amazon Redshift represents an opportunity to shape the technology and future of a rapidly evolving industry and business.
We are looking for a Software Development Manager with passion for large-scale cloud systems and data-intensive applications. If you are motivated by working in fast-paced environment, have full ownership of your work, and build a team of world class engineers – this role is for you!
As a Software Development Manager at Amazon Redshift, you will:
· Take the responsibility for growing and leading a cloud software development team in Berlin
· Lead the design, implementation, test and deployment of AWS data lake related database services
· Mentor engineers, complete hands-on technical work and provide leadership on complex technical issues, design trade-offs as well as feature and schedule prioritization.
· Work with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, influence our technical and business strategy.
You will be successful in this role if you bring deep technical and software expertise, and have strong business acumen and judgment. You have the ability to define visionary, ground breaking products and the ability to hire and lead a team. Finally, you should have the desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving, start-up like environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
Joining the Amazon Redshift Spectrum team gives you the opportunity to:
· Work on the latest technology, as we constantly integrate leading-edge research concepts into Redshift Spectrum.
· Contribute to a key pillar of AWS extensive service portfolio which impacts thousands of Amazon Redshift customers
· Develop and grow your skills while working with seasoned experts and managers that are close to support you
· Be part of a great and dynamic team
· 2+ years in software engineering people management
· 5+ years in software development
· Developing cloud based software
· Operating and monitoring cloud based software
· Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in computer science, engineering or similar
· Experience with working in a fast paced and agile development environment
· Developing database systems