- Code number: PDII-D-1614068074-E
- Entry level: Professionals
- Location: Palo Alto
- Organization: Porsche Digital Inc.
Join us and help shape the digital future of Porsche and join Porsche Digital Inc. in the Silicon Valley as a full stack software (with backend focus) engineer. The mission of the Silicon Valley office is to create new digital experiences, drive business innovation to explore new products and features for Porsche. The goal is to identify opportunities, prototype new products by leveraging design, research, and engineering while recognizing new digitalization strategies and digital in the U.S. market.
As part of the cross-functional product team contribute to the product success by developing state-of-the art systems that connects & integrates vehicles and vehicle related systems with the backend/cloud. Architect and develop systems, write code and develop tools to drive new applications and other digital products.
- 5+ years of experience with system architecture and programming
- 2+ years of Full Stack development
- Experience with serverless development and deployment
- Experience with security paradigms in production services and environments
- You understand the challenges of large-scale distributed computing and know how to code for availability, fault tolerance and scalability
- You understand the end-to-end data flow between containerized services and mobile clients, and are familiar with container/orchestration platforms (Docker/Kubernetes)
- You have worked with databases (NoSQL, SQL), AWS, Google Cloud Platform, identity management and networking configurations and concepts
- Experience with Git or related source control tools
- Familiarity with DevOps
- You are experienced in concurrent, event-driven systems
- You advocate for iterative, test-driven development
- Experience with working in a global team setup and multi-team collaboration environment
- Experience with agile, cross-functional teams and scrum
- Awareness of data privacy regulations such as GDPR and CCPA
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of software development
- 5+ years of working with backend and cloud systems
- Experience with modern frontend framework development (e.g. ReactJS, React Native)
- Experience building backend systems used in the automotive industry is a plus
- Automotive architectures, interfaces and vehicle software knowledge is a plus
- Self-driven and motivated to get things done
- You think about “why we are doing this”
- Strong engineering, coding, testing and debugging skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Proactive and effective communicator, adept at working
with various teams and leading initiatives with little direct supervision
- We operate like a startup - any small company or startup experience is very helpful!
Porsche Digital is an equal opportunity employer and we take pride in our diversity. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Porsche Digital will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Porsche Digital does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability, family medical history, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, family and medical leave status, military status, criminal conviction history, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.