If you are passionate about improving the digital experiences for students and citizens by enabling digital transformation in the government, non-profit and education sectors through innovative application of cloud technologies, then please read on. Our public sector customers are transforming the way government services are developed and delivered via the AWS cloud. The Cloud Innovation Center (CIC pronounced “kick”) team is looking for technology savvy cloud computing architects to collaborate with our public sector government, education, healthcare, and non-profit customers as they implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve new technical problems.
The core mission of the CIC is to improve digital experiences for students and citizens globally by providing an independent platform where government, education, healthcare, and non-profits can accelerate their own implementation of replicable public sector cloud successes. The CIC does this by addressing specific digital transformation Innovation Challenges that are of critical importance to the public sector. The CIC is a vehicle to enable public sector customers to experience the Amazon innovation process and adapt it as needed to their unique situation.
An Innovation Challenge is any problem or opportunity that end customers deem significant in their community/domain and that relies at least partially on information technologies. Tangible problems such as tracking water quality or sharing city transportation data are examples of potential Innovation Challenges. The Innovation Challenge can be thought of as a rapid product development lifecycle that identifies technology alternatives and may result in a prototype. Each Innovation Challenge is in itself a time-bound project that must be planned, marketed, and managed to completion.
The Solution Architect plays a critical role by infusing the latest cloud computing technologies, application architectures, and integration approaches into each Innovation Challenge. This includes incorporating AWS well-architected methods, resiliency best practices, and appropriate regulatory & compliance measures. You will work with representatives of customers and partners involved in Innovation Challenges as well as with technical resources across Amazon Web Services to ensure Innovation Challenges are properly focused and technology goals are achieved. An ability to adapt quickly to varied customers and work cooperatively with subject matter experts is essential.
In addition, the Solution Architect documents technical alternatives and the results of tests so that Innovation Challenge results can benefit AWS customers and inform future Innovation Challenges. You will have the opportunity to interface with other CICs in other geographies and include international AWS account teams, customers, and partners. This naturally will require a ‘think global, act local’ perspective in the approach taken to defining, contextualizing, prioritizing, and delivering results.
You will be one of three members of a dynamic CIC team bringing the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge cloud computing technologies to bear on the difficult cost and agility Innovation Challenges facing many public sector organizations. The other two members are a Digital Innovation Lead and a Program Manager.
Position is located in Munich, Germany. Travel requirement outside Europe / EMEA will be infrequent and be primarily in Germany or DACH.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
· Mentor students working at the University-based CICs
· Minimum of 6 years enterprise IT application experience that includes at least 2 years of hands-on software development, infrastructure engineering, or systems architecture.
· Possess both technical and customer-facing skills that will allow you to be a "trusted advisor" to customers. You will be able to facilitate relationships with senior personnel, as well as easily interact and give guidance to software developers, IT pros, and system architects. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
· Exposure to security concepts / best practices
· Working knowledge of modern software development practices and technologies such as agile methodologies and DevOps is highly desired.
· Ability to develop TCO models and assess business impacts, ROI etc highly desirable.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills in German and English are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
· A talent for being able to influence and build mindshare convincingly with any audience. Confident and experienced in public speaking to large audiences.
· A proven builder, experience in software development and/or product management
The following qualifications are desired but not required:
· A personal passion to make things better through the resourceful and effective application of IT.
· A commitment to work with public sector mission owners to expose effective solutions that improve the delivery of government services to citizens.
· Experience managing full application stacks from the Operating System up through Front End applications. Understanding of application, server, and network security is highly desired
· Executive speaking and presentation skills – Formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations.
· Public sector IT experience
Amazon has always been, and always will be, committed to diversity and inclusion. We seek candidates from all backgrounds to join our teams, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a long-standing top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
For more information on Public Sector roles, please visit - https://www.amazon.jobs/en/teams/Public-Sector