Shape the User Experience for millions of AWS customers!
Our team is responsible for building the AWS Design System. We deliver a shared and consistent design foundation, a library of re-usable user interface components, and a set of tools that allow AWS teams to build the AWS Management Console interfaces using modern web standards, guided by usability and accessibility best practices. We are seeking a Technical Program Manager to join us in delivering a coherent user experience across all AWS.
You will collaborate closely with the engineering team and will be responsible for unblocking teams and increasing the speed of delivery. You will drive detailed business and technical discussions. You will shepherd the development to deliver the right technical solution for our customers. In this exciting role you will have the opportunity to interact with AWS service teams, and influence the user experience on 200+ service consoles.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Engage with the AWS Service Console teams and drive detailed business and technical discussion.
· Support the team in creating technical proposals and manage technical programs for new features.
· Look across all AWS Service Consoles and identify inefficiencies to determine which new features and products must be developed to meet demand.
· Make trade-offs between short-term needs vs. long-term needs.
· Identify and resolve issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, roadmap, financial, and/or technical goals.
· Communicate regularly with senior management on status, risks, and change control
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future. We encourage participation in internal and external conferences and training.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. This allows each of us to grow as individuals, and it ensures that we have wide perspectives to build a product that delights our diverse customers.
We’re looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive and inclusive team culture we’ve been building.
· Knowledge of the following is required: product development, build processes, project management, and release models.
· 5+ years experience in a technical program management or related role.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science; related field or equivalent work experience.
· A strong track record of successful project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
· Experience managing projects across cross-functional teams, building sustainable processes and co-ordinating roadmaps.
· Willingness to relocate to Berlin (Germany).
· Excellent time management, resource management and planning skills
· Knack for establishing long-term goals while achieving immediate results
· Ability to communicate within all ranks and across groups within the organization
· Ability to proactively identify upcoming risks, issues, and bottlenecks
· Experience building or managing scalable infrastructure software or software as a service.
· Familiarity with modern web application development.
· Strong negotiation skills to earn trust and influence partner teams.
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.