Come build the future of Online Grocery with us!
Does working for Amazon’s ultra-fast delivery business excite you? Do you want to be part of Amazon's growing online grocery proposition? Do you have a record of delighting customers and driving growth through clever expansion and collaborative partnerships?
Our ultra-fast delivery service, Fresh 3P Marketplace (local stores offering their selection on Amazon.de similar to Amazon Fresh), is seeking a customer-obsessed, creative, goal-oriented, highly entrepreneurial and experienced Business Development Manager (BD) / Category Merchant Manager (CMM) to join our exciting and fast-paced team and play a critical role to our growth strategy to develop our current strategic partner and engage with upcoming additional strategic partners, who all are leading retail companies.
We are looking for a smart and talented business development person who will pitch, onboard and manage our new partners. You will be working on new and exciting topics such as regional roll-out strategies, New Program design (to be launched in Q1’22), development of commercial models, negotiation workshops, gain process and optimization knowledge with our Store Operations team etc.
The Business Developer/Account Manager will be responsible for the following:
· Business Development: the responsibilities include identification of a small selection of new industry leading partners and definition of the expansion strategy, early pitches and strategic negotiations (commercial and contractual) with the potential partners and drive the project management of the integration plans.
· Onboarding: Work cross-functionally with a broad variety of internal support teams in Operations, Pan-EU PM teams, US Tech-teams, etc to accelerate our rapid expansion.
· Strategically discuss the expansion plans into new areas or new business models to increase coverage and maximize customer reach.
In this role, you will need proven ability to negotiate and roll out complex business terms, develop and manage relationships, drive results and conduct the business and financial analysis. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for grocery and/or retail and a high level of flexibility and commitment. You will work closely with cross-functional teams including Corp. BD, Legal and Finance, but also Operations and Marketing to secure high-quality service level, develop selection and drive business activities in order to secure sustainable growth. You must be effective in collaboration and communication to deliver through our partners ensuring launch dates and profitability goals. In that perspective, you will work closely with our Seller success and Selection Product managers who will provide you with insights to inform your business decisions.
The ideal candidate is passionate about delivering the best customer experience online and has the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. S/he raises the bar for merchants, and develops and executes strategies to grow our partnerships and selection. S/he is eager to innovate and solve difficult problems, is a self-starter, and drives projects end-to-end, including presenting progress to senior leadership on a regular basis. S/he excels at cross-functional collaboration, and identifies and influences key stakeholders across the organization and partners with development and business teams. This is a fantastic opportunity to manage a fast growing business end-to-end and make history!
For this position, we expect:
· Bachelor Degree required, MBA is preferred
· Multiple years of experience in Account Management/Buying/Planning or equivalent experience such as in Consulting, Finance or Business Development
· Experience in negotiating or partner management
· Advanced Excel skills
· Excellent German and English language skills, both oral and written
Further qualifications would be a plus:
· Experience in e-commerce or retail, ideally in Grocery
· Experience building relationships and driving growth with large retailers and e-commerce businesses
· Ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
· Good organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
· Ability to use complex data sets to analyze business trends, build business cases as well as develop and validate strategies
Are you interested? We look forward to receiving your application. Please submit your online application including your CV and covering letter in English. Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation or any other assistance, please let the recruiting team know and they will support you with the necessary actions throughout the interview process.
Did you know that Amazon is offering various jobs in part-time? If you want to apply, please filter for “part-time” in the job type search section on amazon.jobs.