Are you a DevOps engineer who has hands-on experience with building, automating and operating large-scale applications? Would you like to work with our customers to help them architect, develop and re-engineer applications to fully leverage the cloud? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use cloud computing to do big new things faster and at lower cost? Do you like to work on-site in a variety of business environments, leading teams through high impact projects that use the newest technologies? Would you like a career path that enables you to progress with the rapid adoption of cloud computing?
At AWS, we are hiring hands-on technical DevOps architects and systems development engineers, who can help our clients and partners deploy and operate their business-critical applications taking advantage of the global scale, elasticity, automation and high-availability features of the cloud. A successful candidate has technical depth and hands-on implementation experience of various DevOps practices and tools in the toolchain. Our DevOps consultants collaborate with partner and client teams to deliver proof-of-concept projects, conduct workshops, and lead implementation projects. These professional services engagements will focus on customer solutions built with CloudFormation, API Gateway, Lambda, ECS, SQS, CloudWatch, Kinesis, and others.
· As a DevOps Consultant, you will manage projects independently and also deliver as part of larger teams.
· Work with customers and partners internalizing their context while using your business and technical skills to design solutions based on requirements and constraints.
· Work towards customer business outcomes, ensuring there is a strong connection between delivery activities and business objectives.
· Own and complete key tasks and deliverables, and collaborate with others to define and implement optimal, complete solutions based on stakeholders needs.
· Guide customers’ technical and investments, maximizing alignment with the platform, and ease of adoption as new services and products become available.
· Design and deliver solutions that solve for new levels of complexity, scale and performance, and in turn, enable breakthrough innovations. Create and apply frameworks, methods, best practices and artifacts that deliver prescriptive guidance to customers, and publish and present them in large forums and across various media platforms.
· Experience with seamless/automated build scripts used for release management across all environments.
· This is a customer-facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services around 60-80% of the time.
· Good experience as a technical DevOps specialist in customer-facing roles.
· Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an environment.
· Strong hands-on experience with mainline programming and scripting languages such as Shell, Python, Ruby, Perl, Java, .Net, or C++.
· Hands-on experience with building and managing release systems, code merging and promotion, and CI/CD workflows and tools.
· Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies.
· Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field.
· Ability to travel/ commute to client locations to deliver professional services as needed.
· Experience in a DevOps Architect role or similar.
· Experience with CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments.
· Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewalls.
· Experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks like CloudWatch, Datadog, Splunk, Opentracing, X-Ray, and APM tools.
· Experience with revision control source code repositories (Git, SVN, Mercurial, Perforce).
· Management of continuous servers like Jenkins, Bamboo and TeamCity.
· Experience with development and automated testing.
· Understanding of microservices and distributed .
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate core concepts (CI/CD, Agile & Automation) across internal and external stakeholders.
· Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math.