Vattenfall is one of Europe´s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to archiving climate neutrality by 2050.
We are looking for a First Line Support O&M Electrical Engineer with experience in the area of Wind energy.
Vattenfall has taken a proactive approach towards O&M which will ultimately lead us to minimise operational downtime. Several initiatives as part of a larger improvement program have recently started. One of them is the preparation of fast response plans that could be put in motion in case of an operational failure occurs. As an electrical O&M Engineer, you will contribute to the preparation of those which specifically apply to subsea cables or other MV/HV grid related failures. You will be directly reporting to the Technical Support Manager and to the Fast Response Plan Manager for Fast Response Projects.
Your typical responsibilities include:
- Receive, record, effectively evaluate electrical technical requests (including technical emergencies) to ensure accurate assessment and best resolution, for each situation, is provided to the different stakeholders
- Prioritise those technical requests in relation to all open items on the whole Vattenfall fleet to ensure immediate actions are taken. Distribute those requests to other departments if required.
- Follow up and coordinate with sites to ensure implementations are followed.
- Implement and improve Response Plans that can handle subsea cable failure or other grid failure in MV (Middle Voltage) system in all our Wind Farms.
- Manage Electrical information and documents in documentation systems like SAP and others.
- Review and organize critical spare parts to be ready at all times.
- Support our sites with onsite fault finding, measurements, inspections and advice, when needed.
- Take part in the Fast Response Team and support where needed to get the system up running again as soon as possible.
- Conduct preventive inspections and review maintenance plans for MV/HV systems like On/Offshore Substations, wind turbines etc. to ensure the integrity and avoidance of any foreseen failure types.
- Cooperate and coordinate work with engineering department, site organization and various consultancies in repair or improvement projects.
- Cooperate with different departments and cross boarders regarding electrical routines and safety.
- Prepare, Review and Update on Standard Work Documentation (Work Instructions including Risk Assessments, Method statements, Troubleshooting guidelines, Manuals and Service Checklists).
To be successful, you should bring:
- Electrical engineering degree.
- Minimum of 4 – 5 years’ field experience with HV/MV and LV. Practical experience and skills, hands-on approach is preferred.
- Open mind and eagerness to go offshore to solve the problem/s when needed.
- Knowledge (Practical and Theoretical) in the following areas will be valuable:
- MV/HV cable and accessories . (End terminations, joints, hang offs etc.)
- Subsea cable installation.
- HV substations and HV installations, transformers, etc..
- HV/MV switching and operation activities. (SAP)
- Protection relays, (how to operate and extract logfiles etc.)
- Fluent use of standard office software and use of standard portal based systems.
- Offshore Work experience in the wind industry is desirable but not essential.
- SAP PM, SAP MM and SAP DMS is a plus.
- Previous experience in electronics, computers and troubleshooting background is a plus.
To enjoy the work with us we believe you need to be or have:
- You have a clear feeling of “sense of urgency” without compromising on safety as we work in a fast-paced environment. You have the courage to say STOP! in critical situations while always looking for opportunities to solve the problem.
- High energy level, transparent, responsible and structured person that delivers with high quality, on time and seeks for improvements (innovative mindset).
- Practical approach, hands-on, open minded and eager to learn new things. Can extract core content from complex and diverse information and present it in a simple way.
- You are result-oriented and you organize and prioritize your work effectively meeting required deadlines. Ability to manage high pressure situations.
- Capable of working independently and as a team member in a cohesive and participative manner. Reach out to others on time (asking, sharing, helping or asking for help), escalate when required.
- A good command of English, spoken and written is a must. Together with strong communication skills and confidence in dealing with numerous stakeholders
- Ability to work in an Intercultural, dynamic, international, multidisciplinary environment.
- A flexible attitude with regards to tasks, hours and travelling as/when necessary.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page.Deadline for application is 29-09-2020. Apply directly! We are interviewing candidates on an ongoing basis.
For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Tamara van Amersfoort, Tamara.email@example.com. For more information about the position you can contact our Technical Support Manager Olga Cagigas Fojaco at +31623180124.
We look forward to receiving your application!