Head Of Category Management IT
In today’s challenging market conditions, Vattenfall’s ability to reduce costs is more crucial than ever. Procurement and Sourcing is some of the fundamental levers to reduce costs in Vattenfall and maximize the value we get from our capital and operational expenditures. Although big steps and savings have been accomplished over the last years, we will have to take additional steps in our procurement journey to be able to deliver on increasingly demanding and challenging cost savings targets. The IT category at Vattenfall encompasses a yearly spend of approximately €500 Mio.
The focus of the role is to manage the IT sourcing activities throughout Vattenfall, through a team of 6 Category Leads.
Key responsibilities as Head of Category Management IT
• Team Management
Manage directly the IT Procurement team (a team of 6 professional buyers in Sweden, Germany and the Netherlands which has interfaces towards a wide range of different stakeholders internally and externally);
• Category Management
Define the IT Category strategies with a short, medium and long-term goals; Develop an IT Supplier strategies focused on relationship- and performance management as well as supplier development to ensure novel market approaches are identified and evaluated. Additionally prepared to manage a (sub-) Category hands-on, effectively double hatting a Team Management- and Category Lead role.
• Business Partnering
Work closely together with all stakeholders as Business Partner to fulfill their wider sourcing needs within the category, understanding and anticipating their requirements and needs – and converting these to procurement goals and activities;
The main stakeholders found throughout Vattenfall, not limited to the IT functions, and may include Heads of BA, other EGM members, Site Directors, IT Managers and local and international Sourcing colleagues.
This role reports to the Head of Sourcing, Indirect.
Key activities are:
• Manage the IT Procurement team, ensuring a focus on talent development, work/life balance, collaboration, commitment and subject matter expertise;
• Develop, implement and execute Sourcing strategies for the IT (sub-) categories securing the best value for money for Vattenfall for each categories and market situation; this includes Annual Category Plans and Vendor Management plans;
• Continuously engage suppliers to drive performance management, manage & mitigate risks, resolve quality issues and generate market intelligence;
• Ensure that services and/or products are sourced in accordance with the relevant compliance & approval processes;
• Ensure new requirements on Security, Sustainability, Health & Safety are anticipated and included in Supplier Onboarding and Management;
• Experienced sourcing manager with a relevant University degree (or equal) and a minimum of 10 years of Sourcing experience in IT or related categories in an international environment, demonstrable experience across the procurement skillset and procurement processes across regions and cultures;
• Experience in managing Sourcing categories of significant spend (> €250 Mio.)
• Experience in managing a diverse and geographically dispersed team.
• Solid understanding of procurement processes and activities including EU-tender knowledge
• Familiarity with SAP, MS Office, E-sourcing systems and Category specific systems and concepts;
• Experienced in contracting & commercial conditions;
• Strong understanding of Financial processes and their impact;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Solid experience in negotiating Group-wide multinational, multi-year agreements;
• Strong command of English, both verbally and written.
• Pro-active and transparent with very strong collaborative interpersonal skills;
• True team player who actively engages people by asking, sharing and helping;
• Strong inclusive leadership skills with focus on people development, driving a humble but committed team culture;
• Ability to simplify complexity;
• High level of credibility achieved through both business insights and leadership.
What we offer
Working at Vattenfall means more than ‚just‘ having an interesting job in a result-oriented culture. Here you will be part of a challenging, complex and international work environment. We offer our employees competitive remuneration, training opportunities and personal development.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact hiring manager Sven Jacobs, +49 152 576 774 48. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact our recruiter Anneli Jarlsheim +46 72-585 28 76.
Trade Union representatives in Sweden Michelle von Gyllenpalm (Akademikerna), Anders Bohlin (Unionen), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna), Juha Siipilehto (SEKO). They will all be reached via Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00
We welcome your application, including CV and cover through the portal, last day to apply is Oct 4th. Please note that we only accept applications via our web site or Linkedin and do not accept applications sent via email.
At Vattenfall, we believe, that the only way to make fossil free living within a generation possible is to power and help manage all energy-aspects of our customers’ lives to create climate smarter living building by building, district by district, city by city.
Diversity and inclusion – in everything we do
Read more on how we work with diversity and inclusion here:
Strengthened by our goal, we are determined to enable fossil-free living within a generation!
Mehr Jobangebote von Vattenfall
Weitere Angebote in der Connecticum Jobbörse