Vattenfall is one of the European market leaders in the generation of renewable energy and is primarily active in Scandinavia, Germany, UK and the Netherlands. Together we discover renewable energy solutions. We also have a significant stake in the growing wind energy market in Western Europe. We are a dynamic company with an international focus and a social face at the heart of society. Our goal is to make fossil-free living possible within one generation.
Business Area (BA) Markets maximises the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimising and dispatching, hedging, and sourcing for Vattenfall’s assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries, and enter into origination deals within the B2B and wholesale segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with around 450 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.
Within Markets the Business Unit (BU) Trading is the energy trading hub of the Vattenfall Group. BU Trading is responsible for all trading activities around Vattenfall´s asset and customer flows to maximize value creation and improve sourcing costs. It provides all market access services for standard OTC- and exchange-based energy commodities for the Vattenfall Group, which means managing all hedging flows, from generation assets or customers, by market access.
For our office in Hamburg we are looking for a Japanese Power Trader in the Continental Power Trading department.
Your job as Japanese Power Trader:
- Preparation of Vattenfall´s entry into Japanese power trading
- Proprietary financial power trading in Japan
- Market analysis, both quantitative and fundamental
- Close cooperation with Analysis and other trading desks
- Developing and executing trading strategies, especially in cooperation with the 24/7 trading team Maintaining effective communication within the organisation
- Keep track of the latest market developments
- Potentially support the expansion to trade US power markets
- Adhere to and further develop the company’s trading standards and best practices
- Be part of the Continental Power Trading department and contribute to its commercial success
What we are looking for:
- Fluency in English and Japanese (both written and spoken); additional languages advantageous
- 0 to 4 years relevant post-qualification experience
- Entrepreneurial mind-set with willingness to grow a new business
- Demonstrable interest in trading and markets
- Strong and proven analytical skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with various internal stakeholders
- Decision-making authority and risk taking ability
- Result oriented, independent working method with high reliability and readiness to take on responsibility
Preferable, but not necessary:
- Fundamental knowledge about power markets
- Sufficient understanding and experience in the whole energy commodity complex
- Experience in power trading, other commodities or financial products
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
For information about the recruitment process please contact our recruiter Marc Hofmann via phone +49 40 790 22 7788.
Due to COVID-19 we adapted our application process to the current conditions. Interviews regarding this position will be conducted via video conference. Do you have any questions about the application process or how we deal with COVID-19? Please visit our FAQ list in advance.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!