The Rx-Operations System Optimization Manager coordinates with the LMS Team to roll out new functionality for the Lab Management Software (DVI) for the Rx Lab network. In addition, she/he manages internal communications regarding systems operations to the Rx Lab Network; coordinates with the LMS Team to harmonize systems across the network; manages the systems and development activities to enhance the current system functionality; and provides solutions for the Rx Lab network. Works with Lab Operations to implement best demonstrated practice (BDP) across the network. Serves as a technical resource on system operation. Aligns with LMS vendor (DVI) to utilize all available functionality that benefits the Rx Lab Network.
• Develops system based solutions for needs identified by Lab Operations, using either existing capabilities or driving development of new capabilities as needed
• Aligns activities of the LMS Team to drive for harmonization of key databases and system data across the lab network
• Coordinates new development with LMS Support Manager
• Accesses and programs (DVI) Digital Vision Inc. manufacturing / application system to affect operations
• Assesses and develops documentation and training programs on new and revised systems, procedures, and applications
• Troubleshoots, communicates and provides direction to end LMS users for entire US Rx lab network
• Analyzes, researches, organizes and supervises projects as assigned by Lab Operations Management
• Gains familiarity with the current level of utilization at all sites in the US network in order to identify best demonstrated practices for implementation across the rest of the network
• Acts as gatekeeper for changes to Lab Management Systems that affect Lab Operations
• Determines proper setup of new and existing equipment to optimize functionality with Lab Management System and Lab Operations processes.
• Conducts research, analyzes data, and makes recommendations regarding administrative, organizational and operational issues
• Supports Lab Operations group in the day to day operations when needed
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• 5+ years of knowledge working with the DVI Lab Management System or related software
• 5+ years of job-related experience with demonstrated competence
• Demonstrated experience in administrating and maintaining manufacturing operational software
• Business experience in the Optical or a related industry
• Excellent written and verbal communication with internal and external customers
• Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Strong decision making and follow up skills
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including MS Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.