Vattenfall is one of the European market leaders in the generation of renewable energy and is primarily active in Scandinavia, Germany, UK and the Netherlands. Together we discover renewable energy solutions. We also have a significant stake in the growing wind energy market in Western Europe. We are a dynamic company with an international focus and a social face at the heart of society. Our goal is to make fossil-free living possible within one generation.
For our office in Hamburg we are looking for a Senior Power Trader in the Continental Power Trading department.
Your job as CWE Trader:
- Proprietary mid-to long-term power trading in CWE
- Close cooperation Analysis and other trading desks as well as support functions
- Developing and executing trading strategies, also in cooperation with other traders/analysts/desks
- Maintaining effective communication within the organisation
- Market analysis, both quantitative and fundamental
- Keep track of the latest market developments
- Adhere to and further develop the company’s trading standards and best practices
- Be part of the Continental Power Trading department and contribute to its commercial success
Your profile as CWE Power Trader:
- Proven track record of profitable trading with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Sound risk management experience
- Strong fundamental knowledge about the CWE and adjacent power markets
- Deep understanding and experience in the whole energy commodity complex
- Strong and proven analytical skills, especially with respect to market fundamentals
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with various internal stakeholders
- Decision-making authority and risk taking ability
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken); additional languages advantageous
- Entrepreneurial mind-set with willingness to grow a new business
- Result oriented, independent working method with high reliability and readiness to take on responsibility
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation
For information about the recruitment process please contact our recruiter Marc Hofmann via phone +49 40 79022 7788.
Due to COVID-19 we adapted our application process to the current conditions. Interviews regarding this position will be conducted via video conference. Do you have any questions about the application process or how we deal with COVID-19? Please visit our FAQ list
We look forward to receiving your application!