This function is the 2nd / 3rd level application support for the optical lab systems and collaborates with the application users to improve current processes, develop solution proposal to fulfill the changing business needs and programming of new functionality.
Since the order entry applications communicate with customers via EDI this function is also involved in all phases of the life cycle to integrate external customer.
Training and support of key-users is part of the role to assure a strong knowledgeable user community.
- Ability to execute assigned tasks with a high degree of independence based on verbal or written requirements
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks while providing status to management and working with team members
- Proven ability to write and maintain system documentation and user instructions
- Strong problem solving, cross-functional analysis and forward-thinking abilities
- Flexibility to adapt to changing situations, handle multiple tasks, and meet tight deadlines
- A university degree in Information Systems, industrial engineering, computer science, or comparable degree or experience.
- Minimum 5 years system development experience.
- Minimum 5 years SQL Server experience, preferably SQL Server 2017 or 2019, with advanced stored procedures, Transact-SQL and SQL Integration Services required.
- Significant experience in real-time, multi-tiered data processing systems
- Experience with Transact-SQL and stored procedures desired
- Experience with enterprise data integration technologies including Java, SQL, XSLT, Graphical, and XML
- Experience with various tools such as Web Services, HTTP, HTTPS, SOAP, REST, IDOC, RFC, SAP R3/PROXY a plus
- Experience with 3rd party EDI tools desired.
- Expertise with SSRS, SSIS required and SSAS a plus
- Expertise in .NET technologies (VB, C#, ASP) desired
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.