For our Vattenfall Business Area Wind we are now looking for a
Working Student (f/m/d) in Electrical Infrastructure
We are looking for a working student to part of our HV Cables department in Offshore Wind. The placement will be in context of maturing new products in the field of Offshore Cables as well as the execution of large wind farm projects.
For our office in Hamburg.
At Vattenfall, we want to enable everyone to live free of fossil fuels and emissions within one generation. To succeed, we – as one of Europe’s leading energy companies – must be completely fossil-free ourselves. We aim for 11 GW of commissioned wind & solar capacity by 2025 through a diversified portfolio consisting of onshore wind, offshore wind and solar PV – central and decentral close to our customers.
Key responsibilities and duties
- work along the Electrical Engineers with expertise in HV Subsea Cables.
- collect input, assist with preparation and the technical analyses
- structure and organise information and make it easily accessible
- develop and maintain the department’s team site (Microsoft SharePoint Online)
- assist in asset integrity communication and reporting.
Requirements and desired skills
- You are currently studying to become an electrical or mechanical engineer or software engineer and have an academic or a practical background
- You are interested in working with and learning more about offshore wind power and specifically about the transmission system
- You have a good knowledge of MS Office suite, especially Power Point and Excel
- You are able to speak and write English at a communicative level
- You are a good team player, have excellent communication skills, and are able to work independently.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest generators of electricity and the largest producer of heat. The Vattenfall Group has about 20,000 employees. Vattenfall’s core markets are Sweden, Germany and the Netherlands. The Group also conducts business in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Poland and the UK. The Parent Company, Vattenfall AB, is fully owned by the Swedish state.
Working at Vattenfall means more than just having an interesting job in a result-oriented culture. Here you will be part of a challenging, complex and international work environment. We offer our employees competitive remuneration, training opportunities and personal development.
- Start date: 13.09.2021
- Working time: 20 hours per week, up to 37 hours during non-lecture periods
- Duration: 6 months
Your application should contain a covering letter, CV, current grade reports and your certificate of enrollment.